Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ghajini in Penang


Yes, at last Ghajini is in Penang. We've been waiting for some time for Ghajini to come to Penang. It's not always Penangites get the opportunity to watch Hindi Movies in the Cinema.

However this few months have been filled with surprises. First with Shah Rukh Khan's rab ne bana di jodi. SRK does have the fan factor in Malaysia. I went to watch the movie on a weeekday at Cathay Prangin and the crowd was still significant, even compared to the other movies showing there! (not sure was it opening night or ?) . Anyway we really enjoyed the movie, and the tagline describes the movie best "There is an extraordinary love story in every ordinary jodi (couple)". I certainly agree. We all have our extraordinary story.

Somehow I've come to agree with my bro that Cathay Prangin does have it's pull itself. The seats are more plush and comfortable. Especially the Couple Seats. Compared to GSC Queensbay, I found Cathay Prangin Cinema Seats and experience better.

For GSC, the screen size also depends on which cinema hall you get. For Cathay I'm not really sure though.

A few weeks back I emailed Cathay to request and inquire whether they will be showing Ghajini or not after not being able to get thru the Penang line. Cathay's reply was prompt and professional. Below's their reply :

Dear Valued Customer,
Greetings from Cathay Cineplexes!
We apologise for the inconveniences caused while trying to gather information about Ghajini. We thank you for your feedback as this will help us to improve our quality of service to serve you better. Rest assured that our Head of Operations is aware and will look into the matter highlighted seriously.
Unfortunately the movie Ghajini will not be showing at Cathay Cineplex Prangin Mall. To check out our upcoming movies, kindly log on to http://www.cathaycineplexes.com.my/
Meanwhile. we hope that this will not deter you from patronizing our cinemas and we look forward to your next visit.
Thank you for taking the time to write in to us and for your continuous support.

Thanks and Regards
The Management
Cathay Cineplexes


Back to Ghajini, it is now showing in Lotus Five Star SSC Kompleks Bukit Jambul in Penang. You can check out their timings at www.cinema.com.my. I tried calling them today and got an update on the timing. Their number is 04-6401515

Overall I enjoyed the movie. It wasn't the best movie I've seen, but I would rate it good overall. Amir Khan's performance was stellar, and enjoy his 8 packs!

0 comments:

 

Popular Posts

Popular Posts this month